By-Election - Nov 2018
Friday, Nov. 2, 2018 - Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2018
The following position is available:
- 1 Management Representative
Nominations Open November 2, 2018 at 8:30 am: Nomination forms will be available for pick-up at the ULSU office (Rm SU180).
Nominations Close November 13, 2018 at 3:00 pm.
Each candidate must have their nomination form handed in by the deadline along with a letter of good academic standing from the Registrars office.
By-Election Date & Proceedure
1. Each Candidate must submit by November 14th at 3:00 pm:
- A written bio yourself - 200 words max. Email it to email@example.com.
- Written answers on the following questions "What do you know about the position you are running for" ..... (300 words max) and What are your prospective initiatives as a member of the Students' Union Council? Please include how you intend to accomplish these initiatives.... (300 words max). Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Candidates are required to:
- Attend the Students' Union General Assembly meeting on Wednesday, November 21st, at 6:00 pm, room SU180, where the by-elections will occur.
- Give a 2 minute speech where they can present themselves and why they would like to run for the position, and maybe some background qualifications or experience.
The General Assembly will then vote by secret ballot and the winning candidates will be invited to sit at the Board table but will not be a voting member until the following meeting.
By-elections are run differently than the General elections in the fact that there is no campaigning because the General Assembly votes on the candidates instead of the student population.
For more information on the by-elections please phone the Students' Union office at 403-329-2222.