ULSU General Elections
Nominations & Eligibility of Candidates
Any person wishing to be nominated as a candidate must fulfill all candidacy requirements stated in the bylaw governing the position they wish to be nominated for;
DUE TO COVID THE ULSU HAS ADJUSTED THE NOMINATION PROCESS AND IS AS FOLLOWS:
A prospective candidate, in order to be nominated, must:
- Fill out the official ULSU online nomination form HERE The DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 11, 2021 AT 3PM.
- You don't need to get signature of those who you have listed on the nomination form but you will need their UoL ID numbers to verify they are an active undergraduate student.
- Confirm, by clicking the checkbox on the form that you shall comply with all ULSU legislation;
- You won't need to obtain a letter from the registrar's office or financial standing report but you will need to choose the check box on the form regarding these circumstances.
- A nominee may request and receive special exemption to the academic standing and financial standing Bylaw via approval from the General Assembly. Such request must be made either to the CRO or the Executive Council 48 hours prior to the closing of nominations to ensure appropriate time for a mailbox ballot of the General Assembly;
- Submit the official nomination online form before the closing of the nomination period;
- Members of the ULSU may only be nominated for one (1) position on the General Assembly per election;
- Any person who was elected to the General Assembly and then impeached shall not be eligible to be nominated for any position;
- A candidate’s nomination shall not be deemed valid unless the candidate, or a delegate, as approved by the CRO, attends the orientation session as required by the ULSU;
- If any candidate is not able to attend, they must submit written notification to the CRO at least forty-eight (48) hours before the orientation session; and,
- The CRO must make a ruling as to the inability of the potential candidate to attend the orientation, and must render the decision on and relay the decision to the potential candidate within twenty-four (24) hours of receiving the notice.
CRO Contact Information
Cheri Pokarney - GM/CRO firstname.lastname@example.org.