By-Election - September 2020
submit your nomination form HERE
(nominations are closed)
The following position is available
- 1 First Year Representative
Nominations Open September 8, 2020 at 8:30 am
Nominations Close September 18, 2020 at 3:00 pm.
Each candidate must have their online nomination form submited by the deadline.
By-Election Date & Procedure
1. Each Candidate must submit by September 18th at 3:00 pm:
- A written bio of yourself - 200 words max. Email it to email@example.com.
- Written answers on the following questions "What do you know about the position you are running for" ..... (300 words max) and What are your prospective initiatives as a member of the Students' Union Council? Please include how you intend to accomplish these initiatives.... (300 words max). Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Candidates are required to:
- Attend the Students' Union General Assembly meeting on Tuesday, September 22nd at 5pm, on zoom, where the by-elections will occur. You will be notified of the log in information.
- Give a 2 minute speech where they can present themselves and why they would like to run for the position, and maybe some background qualifications or experience.
The General Assembly will then vote by secret ballot and the winning candidates will be invited to remain on zoom for the rest of the meeting but will not be a voting member until the following meeting.
By-elections are run differently than the General elections in the fact that there is no campaigning because the General Assembly votes on the candidates instead of the student population.
For more information on the by-elections please email Cheri Pokarney, our CRO at email@example.com.