By-Election - October 14th - 28th, 2021
Nomination forms will only be available online, and will be available Oct 14th - 21st.
The following positions are available
- 1 Health Sciences Rep.
Nominations Open: Thursday, October 14, 2021, at 8:30am.
Nominations Close: Thursday, October 21, 2021, at midnight.
Each candidate must have their online nomination form submitted by the deadline.
By-Election Date & Procedure
1. Each Candidate must submit by October 22, 2021:
- A written bio of yourself - 200 words max. Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Written answers on the following questions "What do you know about the position you are running for" ..... (300 words max) and What are your prospective initiatives as a member of the Students' Union Council? Please include how you intend to accomplish these initiatives.... (300 words max). Email it to email@example.com.
2. Candidates are required to:
- Attend the Students' Union General Assembly meeting on Thursday, October 28, 2021 at 5pm, where the by-elections will occur. This meeting will be in person (Rm su180 Council Chambers) as well as on Zoom, you can choose how you would like to attend. You will be notified of the Zoom login information ahead of time from our CRO, Cheri Pokarney, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Give a 2 minute speech where they can present themselves and why they would like to run for the position, and maybe some background qualifications or experience.
The General Assembly will then vote by secret ballot and the winning candidates will be invited to remain on zoom for the rest of the meeting but will not be a voting member until the following meeting.
By-elections are run differently than the General elections in the fact that there is no campaigning because the General Assembly votes on the candidates instead of the student population.
For more information on the by-elections please email Cheri Pokarney, our CRO at email@example.com.